We traditionally take notes in Tucson for new mineral important mineral localities and updates. These are then add this to our pages upon return. We also go through the popular mineral publications and add content from these as well.
Here is a list of some recent updates:
- Updating the Fluorite page with more specific localities and information.
- Abandoning of the name Zultanite in favor of Gem Diaspore by the Turkish company mining these gemstones.
- Updates on the localities of some of the new Chinese discoveries, including Rhodochrosite, Realgar, Orpiment, Stibnite, Aquamarine, and Hedenbergite.
- Additional information on blue Halite from the Intrepid Potash Mine near Carlsbad, New Mexico.
- Adding the new discovery of Pyrite from the Merelani Hills, Arusha, Tanzania.
- Adding Topaz from Mogok, Burma.
- Adding the iridescent Chalcopyrite from the Sweetwater Mine in Missouri.